Mapei Adhesive Kerabond Plus Grey
Cement based powder with superior bond strength suitable for all types of tiles and natural stones. It can be used on interior and exterior floor and wall installations of every type of tile and natural stones onto rigid substrates.
Where to use
Interior and exterior floor and wall installations of every type of tiles and natural stones onto rigid substrates.
Some application examples
Bonding ceramic mosaics on paper or mesh, of all types of ceramic tiles (quarry tiles, single fired and klinker tiles, etc.) on:
• ordinary concrete slabs or suspended concrete slabs completely cured and stable;
• conventional renders or cement mortar walls;
• gypsum substrates and anhydrite screeds as long as they are dry and treated with a coat of Primer G.
• spot bonding of insulating materials such as expanded polystyrene, expanded polyurethane, rock and glass wool, wood cement and sound-deadening panels etc.
Kerabond Plus is a grey or white powder composed of cement, fine-graded sand, synthetic resins and special additives according to a formula developed in the MAPEI research laboratories.
Mixed with water, Kerabond Plus becomes an easily trowellable mortar with good bonding strength, low slump and a high initial grab allowing it to be applied vertically without any sagging or letting even heavy tiles slip.
Kerabond Plus hardens without noticeable shrinkage to become extremely resistant, adhering perfectly to all the conventional materials used for bonding.
• Do not apply over presswood, particle board, chipboard, masonite, gypsum floor patching compounds, metal or similar dimensionally unstable substrates.
• Do not apply over vinyl, rubber and linoleum surfaces.
• For external installation onto concrete slabs and cementitious screeds of large sized tile (up to 400×400 mm) use Kerabond Plus mixed with Isolastic 50. In case of larger size of tiles use Kerabond Plus with Isolastic.
• For installation of tiles onto marine ply-wood (interior dry floor area only), gypsum wall-boards, pre-cast panels, fibre-cement sheet and floors and walls subjected to movements (due i.e. to the shrinkage or temperature changes) use Kerabond Plus with Isolastic.
• Do not use Kerabond Plus to install agglomerates, sensitive moisture stones or natural stone material subject to stain: use Granirapid, Keralastic or Kerapoxy.
• When installing light coloured and translucent marble, and their agglomerates, use White Granirapid.
Pot life of mix: over 8 hours.
Open time: 20 minutes.
Ready for grouting on walls: 4-8 hours
Ready for grouting on floors: 24 hours
Set to light foot traffic: 24 hours.
Ready for use: 14 days.
Colour: Grey or White.
Storage: 12 months.